It’s exciting and encouraging to see so many people from around the world reaching out to be a part of The Innocence Revolution: A Global Day to End Child Sexual Abuse. This is a tremendous, history-making event that can truly bring lasting change. As we work to create events and educational programs for April 14, 2013, we know that it will take the efforts of millions of people around the world to make it happen. We also have seen, already, the enthusiasm of those who are eager to be a part of this world-changing revolution.
Right now, you might find yourself wanting to be involved, but you’re not quite sure how you can help. Remember that big change starts with small actions, and everything you do to help the cause of The Innocence Revolution makes a difference. As Margaret Mead once said, “Never doubt that a group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Getting involved is as simple as emailing us at TheInnocenceRevolution@gmail.com and letting us know your city, state and country. (If you’re part of an organization, let us know that, too.) As you commit to The Innocence Revolution, there are simple ways to join in this initiative:
- Talk about it. Tell your friends about this groundbreaking event, and encourage them to be a part of it.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@theinnocencerev) to remain up to date on new ideas and events. Ask your friends to follow us, too!
- Visit this blog regularly to get ideas for events or to connect with others in your area.
- Share your thoughts. Do you have an innovative idea for an event that others might want to try? We want to hear about it!
- Contact local organizations in your area - such as your local Children's Advocacy Center - to gain their support.
In the weeks to come, we'll offer specific ideas about how you can create events, get volunteers to help you and more. For now, welcome to The Innocence Revolution: A Global Day to End Child Sexual Abuse.